Slow Cooker Vietnamese Pork


After the success of the Oven Roasted Pork Shoulder Blade, I bought myself another one, especially since the grocery store had further lowered its price on this already inexpensive cut.  After assessing the contents of my refrigerator, I decided to try a recipe from Linda Ly's blog Garden Betty.  It is SO easy and SO delicious.  The best kind of cooking in my book!

Linda's recipe called for 2.5 lbs of pork, but since I had 6 lbs, I doubled the sauce ingredients that went into the slow cooker.  At 10pm, I threw everything into a slow cooker and 12 hours later as we slept through the night, the pork amazingly transformed into the most meltingly tender, fall-apart pork ever.

The aroma wafted through the entire house.  My daughter said she thought her hair smelled awful when she woke up in the morning, but after I told her it was the roast pork, she reconsidered and raved about the delicious aroma.  The taste didn't disappoint as well.  We tucked the succulent pork into Báhn Mì sandwiches and were happy campers indeed!




Follow Blog via Email
Enter your email address to receive notifications of new posts!

Delivered by FeedBurner

Comments

Popular Posts